Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Living the Chtn Worldview-Community

Welcome to Every Thought Captive, I’m Phil Steiger.

When we struggle to learn how to live out a Christian worldview, one discipline can be of great help to us, but is often neglected.  The community of the Church-the body of Christ-can be an invaluable tool in shaping us into disciples.

In the fellowship of believers we can be sharpened, as the Proverb states, “as iron sharpens iron.”  Another believer can help me see things in a way I have not yet considered, or they can help correct a problem with my take on Scripture.  Hearing God’s word preached each week is an encouragement to me and can help me see things the way God sees things.

According to Scripture, it is very good when the church dwells together in unity; the early church devoted themselves to teaching and fellowship; we build each other up as we are healthy members of the body; and we should not neglect gathering together.

This has been Every Thought Captive.  I’m Phil Steiger, pastor at Quail Lake Community Church, and Director of Dayspring Center for Christian Studies.  For more information, please visit everythoughtcaptive.org.

No comments: