Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jeremiah 24-God's Grace

Welcome to Every Thought Captive, I’m Phil Steiger.

In the 24th chapter of Jeremiah, we read this good news concerning God’s attitude toward His people: “Like these good figs, so I will regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I have sent away from this place to the land of the Chaldeans. I will set my eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up, and not tear them down…”

This is good news.  God will look upon his people as good and grant them grace.  The catch is that up to this point in Jeremiah, these people have not been good, and they have been rebellious against God.  So what makes them good in God’s eyes?

Quite simply, God gives grace.  These people, like you and me, have done nothing to deserve God’s favor, but they receive it and I receive it because God has decided to give it.  Relationship with God begins when He extends love to the unloveable.

This has been Every Thought Captive.  I’m Phil Steiger, pastor at Quail Lake Community Church and Director of Dayspring Center for Christian Studies.  For more information please visit everythoughtcaptive.org.

No comments: